Finalists in Hypo Awareness Week Excellence Award revealed
Three diabetes teams who went ‘above and beyond’ during this year’s Hypo Awareness Week (HAW) have been announced as finalists in the HAW Excellence Award.
During the campaign, diabetes teams across the country worked hard to spread the message to healthcare colleagues about the importance spotting and treating hypoglycaemia.
The efforts of three particular diabetes teams, and their promotion of best practice, led them to the final of the coveted Excellence Award. The winner will be announced at this year’s Quality in Care (QiC) Diabetes 2021 awards.
The finalists are:
- Goal of reaching 100 HCPs
- Half an hour face-to-face bite sized lunchtime sessions
- Half an hour bite sized virtual sessions
- Made use of colleagues’ virtual notice boards
- Attendance at local council’s diabetes walk
- Active on social media throughout the week
Eden – Leicester Diabetes Centre
- Provided free access to their updated hypoglycaemia eLearning module
- Free access to new educational infographic
- Free national live webinar
East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- Created a hypoglycaemia training video
- Visited all ward areas promoting CDEP online training
- HAW stand set up in the main entrance of hospital
- Active on social media and Trust weekly bulletin
HAW Event Manager Emily Mayhew said: “With healthcare teams under unprecedented pressure at the moment, it was great to see so many diabetes teams once again taking the time to get involved in this important campaign.
“Our three finalists bowled us over with their proactive, creative approaches to raising awareness of hypoglycaemia.”
The QiC awards are being held on Thursday 14th October.