Reports to: Managing Director
Founded in 2018, CamDiab, Ltd www.camdiab.com provides interoperable closed-loop glucose control technology to help people with diabetes and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Building on research at the University of Cambridge, we are focusing on better outcomes for users, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions — while empowering our community to take control of diabetes. Following the launch of closed-loop app CamAPS FX in 2020, CamDiab is seeking to accelerate its commercial activities in the UK and more widely.
Delivery of commercial and business objectives within the UK. Working with CamDiab management to drive sales and recommendations and use of CamDiab products and services. Partnering with healthcare professionals across Secondary Care and CCGs. Taking a holistic view of the CamDiab business opportunity and providing solutions to enable ongoing business growth. Driving market access and strategies for opening reimbursement. Working with business partners on supporting the use of CamDiab products with insulin pumps and CGMs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and Implement Commercial Strategy
- Developing and implementing commercial strategy in line with company business goals and objectives, with the aim of accelerating growth
- Designing and implementing new sales and customer acquisition strategies
- Managing existing client relationships, understanding customer requirements and ensuring their needs are met
- Managing collaboration with Partners
- Negotiating ongoing contracts with suppliers and customers; managing and reviewing contracts and making recommendations regarding commerciality
- Monitoring performance of commercial activities using key metrics and reporting to senior management
- Establishing and maintaining long-term, profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Assisting with setting, managing and monitoring financial targets and budget development
Execution of Sales and Reimbursement Strategy
- Driving CamDiab sales via focused promotion in all relevant local channels
- Coordinating and driving the development of agreements with hospitals
- Ensuring accounts/units are set up to receive and pay for orders in a timely fashion
- Review of relevant internal and external information sources to provide real business insight and understanding with the aim of utilising them to provide business growth
- Analysing sales and all aspects of CRM data to track performance and target areas of business opportunity
- Ensuring that budget is optimised against business driving activities and expenses
Policies and Procedures
- Ensuring awareness and compliance across all CamDiab policies, operating standards and procedures.
- Timely and appropriate reporting to CamDiab Management regarding any other associated projects or functions
- Coordinating sales meetings and contributing to development and delivery of sales management meetings and conferences
Approx 50-70% (post covid) visiting clients, clinics and Partners
- Strong commercial awareness, along with an entrepreneurial and strategic mindset
- Proven track record of commercial and/or sales experience and success within the healthcare sector
- Exceptional commercial/sales results achieved at a national and individual level
- Knowledge of diabetes in the healthcare sector preferred
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenanceinstructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organisation
- Educated to degree level
Note: The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Management may, at its discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Applications in writing, including a full CV, should be sent to Mrs Josephine Hayes, Administration Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 09/04/2021. If you have any questions about this vacancy or the application process, please contact Candice Ward.