Senior Specialist Dietitian (Paediatric Diabetes)
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated Senior Dietitian with a proven record in paediatric dietetics and /or diabetes?
We are looking for a Dietitian working in paediatrics and/or diabetes in a care setting, to work full or part time hours, and who is interested in providing a specialist dietetic service to children and young adults with diabetes & associated conditions eg coeliac disease. You will be a core and valued member of the multi-disciplinary team (MDT) working alongside another highly experienced Senior Specialist Paediatric Diabetes Dietitian. Depending on your experience to date we will support you with training in paediatric diabetes and/or paediatric dietetics.
Working within this MDT offers many exciting opportunities. In the last 18 months the Paediatric Diabetes Dietitians have travelled to Abu Dhabi to present at the ISPAD conference and spent 2 weeks in Australia to deliver training to healthcare providers as part of this role! The team recently won a special recognition award for valuing equality, diversity and inclusion. Check them out on X @CYPD_UHL
Main duties of the job
- Reviewing paediatric inpatients with diabetes on the Children’s Hospital wards/units including newly diagnosed patients
- Undertaking weekly Consultant Paediatrician led MDT clinics at Leicester Royal Infirmary.
- Undertaking monthly Consultant Paediatrician led MDT clinics in Community Hospitals across Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland.
- Undertaking a monthly MDT Young Adult Clinic providing transitional care.
- Opportunity to achieve extended scope role status to independently adjust insulin regimes and/or non medical prescribing status.
- Educating patients on latest diabetes technologies (insulin pumps and continuous glucose sensors).
- Leading on patient structured education programmes.
- Contributing to School training sessions.
- Undertake home, nursery and school visits as indicated.
- Input and support the local Leicestershire family diabetes support group.
- Develop patient information and clinical guidelines.
- Contribute to local and national research projects as part of the MDT
- Actively partake in regional QI projects as part of the Childrens and Young Peoples Diabetes Network.
- Benchmark practice and clinical outcomes of children on diabetes diet interventions with other centres to inform on future practice.
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.nhs.uk.