Deadline looms for paediatric study group chair positions
Healthcare professionals with an interest in shaping the future of paediatric diabetes care are being urged to apply for a new role.
Following the sad loss of Dr Carlo Acerini who passed away last year, the British Society for Paediatrics Endocrinology and Diabetes (BSPED) is looking to fill the Chair position for the NIHR, CRN, Diabetes UK and British Society for Paediatrics Endocrinology and Diabetes (BSPED) Clinical Studies Group (CSG).
The diabetes CSGs bring together people with diabetes, scientists and healthcare professionals to build a roadmap for new diabetes research. They work together to identify the research priorities and clinical studies needed to improve diabetes care.
Two two separate chairs are being sought, one for the diabetes group and one for the endocrine group.
The BSPED said it would be “very pleased” to receive applications from current group members, or other colleagues with the qualities required for these important roles. The deadline for application is Friday, January 31.
The aims of the groups are:
- to identify research priorities for children with endocrine and diabetes conditions and ensure that their views are central to the development of future research;
- to support new study proposals;
- to advise NIHR CRN on study feasibility and study delivery;
- to support early career researchers with study design, signposting to clinical resources
- to work with family groups and industry to advocate for children
- to represent BSPED at European networks such as EUCADET, EnprEMA, Endo-ERN, Connect4Children
There are two face to face meetings a year and telephone conferences in between.
For further details about the role and application process click on the below links: