Professional Care event programme unveiled
More than 100 speakers have been confirmed as part of the programme highlights for this year’s Diabetes Professional Care conference.
The content has been designed to deliver information, good practice and examples of work for those who responsible for the prevention, treatment or management of diabetes.
Professor Jonathan Valabhji, the national clinical director for obesity and diabetes at NHS England, Dr Mayank Patel from University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust and Dr Sophie Eastwood from University College in London have been confirmed to present.
The free-to-attend event will take place on Wednesday, November 16 and Thursday, November 17.
There will be seven streams, more than 100 speakers and 83 sessions have been confirmed as part of the CPD accredited conference.
A spokesperson for the event said: “Totally dedicated to diabetes, this dynamic conference and exhibition is jam-packed with real-world education and information, designed to enable mind-share and collaboration, facilitate procurement, and advance knowledge of the disease. Please join us!”
Confirmed speakers so far include:
- Dr Jonathan Valabhji, National Clinical Director for Obesity and Diabetes at NHS England will discuss the current landscape with Diabetes and the NHS in England in November 2016
- Dr Partha Kar, Associate National Clinical Director, NHS England will provide a vision of what might be – The Art of the Possible
- Dr Mayank Patel from University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, a leading figure in diabetes education, will explore Education in Diabetes and how this issue can be best tackled
- An inspiring case study on the Successful Recommissioning of Community Diabetes in West Hampshire. Dr Kate Fayers, will explain how WHCDS has developed a clear ethos for the transformation of community services.
- Dr Sophie Eastwood from University College, London will discuss Type 2 Diabetes in Ethnic Minority Groups, followed by Dr Kesar Sadhra, Manor Park Medical Centre, Slough talking about the Practical Challenges of Diabetes in the Asian Population.
- Dr Tahseen Chowdhury from the Royal London will look at some of the co-morbidites of diabetes with Management of Hyperglycaemia in Patients with Chronic Kidney Disease
- Dr Fiona Campbell, Leeds Children’s Hospital will discuss the challenge of Making Sense of Glucose Data with New Technology – New Insights from Paediatrics