Responses sought for NHS health inequalities in diabetes care survey
Healthcare professionals are being urged to fill in a survey to help address existing health inequalities in diabetes care.
The NHS is looking for examples of projects that aim to address health inequalities for people living with diabetes in the following groups:
- Ethnic minorities (including Black African, Black Caribbean, South Asian, or any other underserved community)
- People living in areas of deprivation
- People who may be disadvantaged due to their protected characteristics.
The Inequalities in Diabetes Clinical Working Group on behalf of the NHS England Diabetes Programme and Diabetes UK are working together to gather examples of good practice in working to address health inequalities in diabetes care.
The aim of the study is to:
- Collect information on projects of all sizes across the NHS, local government and voluntary sectors
- Create a catalogue of project, grouped into themes to share learning
- Promote the examples to support others to start new projects in order to reduce health inequalities.
For more information and to take part in the survey, click here.