X-PERT Health launches online digital platform
A structured education programme is launching a digital platform to help people prevent and manage type 2 diabetes better.
X-PERT Health, an award-winning charity based in West Yorkshire, will now be available on mobiles, tablets and desktops to help make accessing the six sessions easier for people who may struggle to attend in person.
Organisers said X-PERT Diabetes Digital will be a “highly effective way for users to learn how to gain more control of their diabetes at a time and place that suits them”.
Health and wellbeing
The engaging content is delivered through animated videos, quizzes, games and interactive goal setting with in-built tracking devices.
People attending X-PERT group programmes can also use the platform to track their health and wellbeing, while also receiving tailored support through an assigned health coach and community support via a participant forum.
Dr Stephen Lawrence, Trustee, GP and Associate Clinical Professor at University of Warwick, said: “With the rising epidemic of type 2 diabetes and the consequential burden on NHS budgets, extending the reach of X-PERT structured education is an excellent idea.
“The launch of the digital programme will ensure there is no limit to those that can participate in this award winning programme. It is proven that lifestyle education can help reduce the need for medication and support complete remission, saving NHS funds and transforming lives.”
X-PERT said the new platform meets “real needs” for people living with prediabetes or type 2 diabetes and helps diabetes healthcare professionals deliver an even more effective service:
- Consistency of messages. The same content and messages across group and digital education
- Scalable healthcare. The digital education can reach far more patients in a fraction of the time
- Cost effective healthcare. No room hire, minimal staff time and no physical resources
- Easy referral. Access through existing platforms or integrate with X-PERT primary care platform
- Improved collection of patient outcomes and reporting. Users can easily enter their health results and evaluation reports can be shared with commissioners and healthcare teams
- Increased structured education take up and completion. Monitoring engagement which is reported back to commissioners and healthcare teams
X-PERT Diabetes Digital will be launched and available for the NHS from February 27, 2020.
For more information and supporting imagery of the X-PERT Diabetes Digital launch please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01422 847871