Low Carb Program launches online digital classes
The award-winning Low Carb Program has launched a new Digital Class Library to help people manage their diabetes during the period of social distancing and self-isolation.
The brand-new resource will provide people with guided at-home workouts tailored to fitness level, mindfulness and meditation activities to support mental wellbeing and yoga workouts to support mental wellbeing at-home.
Arjun Panesar, CEO and Head of Artificial Intelligence of Diabetes Digital Media (DDM), said: “Times are unprecedented and there has recently been a significant spike in the demand for digital services as people look for remote support as they ‘live remotely’.
“People wish to know what they can do to look after themselves, avoid coronavirus, or keep active in self-isolation. We hope these new classes will help people to get active at home and continue to maintain good diabetes management.”
Members can access more than 50 classes from eight different coaches from Monday, March 23, 2020 via the Lifestyle app and clicking on Classes.
Daily new classes, such as Hiit, meditation and legs, bums and tums will be added. All workouts have been designed to suit all fitness levels all small spaces.
Digital Classes have been activated across all Low Carb Program QISMET and NHS-approved streams:
- Type 2 diabetes management and remission
- Diabetes prevention education
- Obesity and weight management
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) education
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) education
The Low Carb Program supports more than 435,000 people across four countries to better self-manage their health.
As a provider of services to the NHS, the Low Carb Program team have taken a number of steps to ensure continuation of service:
- Robust and scalable capacity management technology – enabling Low Carb Program to flex the capacity of the service to meet demand
- Remote working for all team members – which has been in place since 2015
- Flexible working hours – which has been in place since 2017, with Customer Support available 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday
- Members can engage when they want, wherever they want – through app, web, or Amazon Alexa, avoiding waiting appointment times.